Want to have exclusive and classic jewelry in your wardrobe? Or want to convert your passion and creativity in designing your jewelry? Many questions arise in the clients’ mind before making a purchase. Jewelry has always played a crucial part in a woman’s life as it helps to uplift their mood and make them feel confident and beautiful.
Jewelry casting is the oldest process to create tailor-made jewelry for a customer. India happens to be one of the first civilizations to use the casting techniques in the world, for the mass production of coins. Casting is a process of pouring molten metal in a mold which is made by the manufacturer in the desired shape. Casting helps manufacturers in mass production of jewelry designs, as it allows the jewelry designers
to make duplicates of the same jewel. This process nowadays has become more advanced and more dynamic because of the latest technologies and latest machinery used.
The Jewelry Casting process has completely changed the manufacturing process in the companies. The production and finishing process of the jewelry is now easy and convenient because of the latest and advanced equipment used for casting the jewelry. Lost Wax Casting is one of the most used techniques in jewelry casting methods, and happens to be the oldest technique in the jewelry making process, and it is useful for many reasons. In this method, jewelers can explore themselves as they can design jewelry in any desired shape as per customers' preferences. Jewelry Casting undergoes many steps in the process, and it is necessary to complete each step for the completion of the final product, that is, the casting of jewel. The process of casting jewelry has been in existence for many years and is likely to be the most efficient and cost-effective method, among others. The jewelry casting process includes the following steps:
- Making of lost wax model: The process of jewelry casting starts with the making of the wax model, which consists of three-dimensional design as per the needs of the client. This process is also known as ascire-perdue. The designers in this process affix a wax stem to the wax model with the help of sprue, and then the molten metal is discharged directly into the mold.
- Investment: The second step in the lost wax process is an investment. At this stage, a plaster slurry, also referred to as the investment material, covers a metal flask suspended by both the wax stem and wax model. Once the investment material reaches its desired thickness, it is allowed to cool until it becomes hard in the mold for the jewelry.
- Burnout: Once the casting material or investment material hardens, the flask suspended by the wax models is placed in a kiln to remove the wax by burning it at a temperature of 1600 degrees Fahrenheit for approx. 13 to 16 hours, leaving a hollow impression in the investment material.
- Melting and Casting: In this step, a liquid metal like gold, silver, brass, etc. is poured into the hollow cavity of the mold in which the metal melts at a certain temperature depending upon its resistance. To ensure premium quality casting various methods or techniques can be used to make sure that the liquid metal flows evenly.
- Centrifugal jewelry casting: Centrifugal casting or centrifuging is a technique in which centrifuge force helps the liquid metal to flow in the mold, which generally has a thin passage that makes it difficult for the designer to pour the liquid evenly. In this method, an electric motor spins the swingarm around a vertical axle straight in line with a crucible, in which the metal gets heated with an induction or a torch. Once the metal reaches its desired temperature, in the end, the centrifuge is released forcing the molten metal to flow evenly into the mold.
- Vacuum-assisted casting jewelry: In this technique, the casting machines use a vacuum to force the liquid metal to flow into the mold. Vacuum casting machines are generally expensive, but it is more convenient than the centrifugal casting machines.
- Divesting: Divesting is the last step in the lost wax casting process, in which the casting gets released by removing the investment material chemically. Each casting is later cleaned and polished to remove all the impurities, and the sprues get cut for recycling.
DWS Jewellery Pvt. Ltd. is one of the finest and most reputed jewelry casting manufacturers in Sitapura Industrial Area, Jaipur. They provide the best casting services to their customers with highly trained and experienced jewelers and artisans. They are the one-stop-shop for all kinds of jewelry services that include gold, silver, platinum, brass, copper, and many more. With the help of advanced technology, DWS provides high-quality jewels to its customers as per their needs at affordable prices.
Jewelry is one such product that is loved by every woman around the globe, which makes them look attractive and unique. DWS has a wide range of jewelry designs that every woman desires, which makes them feel beautiful and confident. The company renders many services to its clients’ in which jewelry casting is one such service that gives its customers freedom and liberty to have their designs manufactured by the company experts. Customers’ can send their designs through tech-sheets or images to the designers of the company and have their customized jewelry
with them as per their vision and imagination.
The company’s prime focus is to keep the customer satisfied and contented by offering the latest designs of jewel and top-notch services, giving them a competitive edge in the jewelry market. DWS Jewellery Pvt. Ltd. is the hub for all kinds of jewelry and has been in business for a very long time. They put great efforts to gain a loyal clientele by offering excellent policies and have complete transparency in the dealings. Thus, the company aims to keep its customer happy and satisfied and make them feel that their product is worth the money.